Friday, August 24, 2012

Read the Instructions


I have been a bit tired this week.  Every day I get up, get busy and don't stop till I drop.  The sad thing is, it doesn't look like I have done much!  Oh well!

Photo from the book

Last night, I decided I would cut the fabric for the Diamonds at Large quilt.  I began to match up rectangles and decide which colors would match up the best.  I glanced at the instructions and saw that I needed to make a cut from the top left to the bottom right. 

I began cutting. 



I got a bit distracted.

I started to cut top right to bottom left.

I realized I screwed up when my pieces would not match!  I took a few moments to actually read the instructions. 


 

I walked away.

I finally got the pieces cut properly.  I made sure I read the instructions.  I made sure I followed the instructions.

 



Paint has been purchased for the big redo of my studio.  I decided to go with Warm Stone by Glidden.   I have only gotten as far as getting the paint in the studio.  No paint has gotten on the wall yet!  




At least I bought the paint!




I will be cleaning house like a crazy woman for the next couple of days.  If you remember, the MIL is coming!    
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get a lot accomplished!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Treehugger_31 said...

Love the paint! Can't wait to see it on the walls. ;)

I feel like I never have enough time to accomplish everything I want to do. Probably b/c I sit on the computer for hours! Lol.

Cherie said...

That is such a pain realising you cut something wrong and ending up with something way different. I hope you could salvage the wrong pieces =D

Shay said...

Your paint is really similar to the colour my house walls are. Its such a warm colour. I love it.

I stuff up ALL the time when cutting and sewing. Welcome to the club my friend.

Life according to Lenetta said...


Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that started tonight. It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Now following you.