Monday, July 23, 2012

Wonderful People

As you know, The Baby is home for a couple of weeks.  Poor thing is sick with sinus issues.  I am not sure why, but this often happens.  Sometimes I think, she feels secure at home and can let herself truly relax and when she does, the illness come out.  Whatever it is, I am happy to have her home and happy to be able to baby her for a while!

The Baby being greeted by Big and Daisy

On to brighter things.  If you are a follower of Mrs. P at Quilting In My Pyjamas, you will know she purchased a new ironing board cover.  She was very happy about it and I fell in love with it.  She told me she would send one to me.  I waited impatiently for it to arrive.

I was upstairs trying to keep busy while waiting for The Baby to arrive home, when Big hollered, "Package from Australia!"  I almost fell down the stairs in my attempt to quickly get to the package.  Wonderful, wonderful, Mrs. P sent an ironing board cover to me!

I love getting mail!
Can you hear the angels singing?


Is it not the most beautiful thing you ever did see?  I immediately put it on an ironing board.  Now there are two ironing boards in my sewing studio.  One for Big, who uses way to much starch which has made her cover manky (I stole that word from my Aussie friends)  One cover for me!  Mine will remain nice and pretty and clean!  It's new home is next to my sewing machine, I can whirl my chair around and press seams open to my hearts content.

Thanks, Mrs. P.  You are one of the good ones.  I am so happy to have you as my friend.

I also am able to show the complete pattern on the t-shirt I made for P. at The Way I Sew It.  She received it on Saturday.





I love the design on this t-shirt.  I had a lot of fun making it. 

As you know, I am in the process of opening an etsy shop.  This pattern will be available to be embroidered on most anything.  The t-shirt will be priced at $28.00 plus shipping and handling.  If you are interested, let me know.

Later today, I will be blogging over at Feeding Big about the Blackened Fish Sandwiches we had for dinner on Friday.

 
Homemade easy sandwich rolls

Blackened Cajun Tilapia

 Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to seeing what you are up to!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

That is a cute board cover. It's such a treat to surround yourself with things you adore....so nice of Ms. P for sending it :)

I'm back on my low carb/no sugar plan these days...and those rolls had me salivating....haha!

Paulette said...

I was thinking to myself...where I have I seen that ironing board cover? That's it, the great Mrs. P! How sweet of her to send you one!

Thanks so much for the shirt! Those colorful little owl faces cheer me up whenever I see them. May you have a successful and thriving etsy shop business!